Contact Dr. Luchon
About Baptist OPPS
I Timothy 4:1 “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils…”
Hello, I am Dr. Tim Luchon, pastor of the Hilltop Baptist Church, in Hunker Pennsylvania.
Under the prompting of The Holy Spirit of God, The Lord has led to the starting of The Old Paths Preparatory School. This is an online ministry, in which all the courses are Scripturally Doctrinal, and Distinctly Baptist.
Baptist OPPS is an online ministry designed to help local church, Baptist Pastors, with the concentrated doctrinal and practical training of those called or desiring to be called and ordained into The Lord’s ministry.
The courses offered by Baptist OPPS can also be taken by other church members desiring to learn more from God’s Book.
Those who enroll are able to stay, and continue to serve in their home church while learning.
Students are able to set their own pace for the completing of the courses, around their individual family, church, and work schedules.
The main courses are built specifically to teach the old “…doctrine…” of “…the faith…” to those who will be teaching the same, and passing on “…the faith which was once delivered…” to the next generations till the trumpet sounds and beyond.
- Pastors can preview and check every word, spoken or written, before their members are exposed to the course material.
- Those called by God into the ministry, will be full prepared for being Ordained under the delegated authority of their home church and Pastor.
- Sunday School and Christian School teachers will be doctrinally equipped for keeping “…the faith…” The Faith.
- Students can choose to take just one class to help in a particular area of life, or for bettering their service at their home church.
- Faithful Students can also work toward earning a Baptist college equivalent, doctrinal degree.
Anyone is welcome to take these courses; But, OPPS is not for everyone!
Pastors and others who preview these lessons; and those who begin these courses, will soon discover, that this is not like the average Christian or Baptist college.
- The first priority of Baptist OPPS is to please The Lord in our presentation and practicing of “…the faith which was once delivered unto the saints…”
- Although it is hoped that the “…doctrine…” taught in P.P.S. will repair the doctrinal breaches of the past; our primary desire, is that the training under “…sound doctrine…” will instill the doctrinal integrity of future Independent Baptists.
- There will be no diversity of doctrinal thought entertained or condoned: it will be strictly a declaration of the Old Paths “…words of faith and of good doctrine…” (I Timothy 4:6)
- Protestant theological words, terms, phrases, or “…doctrines…” will not be used to define The Lord’s inspired, “…once delivered…” “…doctrine…”
- Protestant books or writings; and Protestant people of the past, will not be held up or used as examples for Independent Baptist students to emulate.
- Doctrinally incorrect Baptists or books written by them, will not be held up or used as “…ensamples…”
- There is no teaching or referencing of Greek words; because of full trust in and on the inspired words in the English copy of God’s One eternal Book in Heaven; as perfectly preserved in The Authorized King James Version.
- OPPS will use The Scriptures to expose “…feigned words…” terms, phrases and “…doctrines…;” and will “…mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine…” which was completed and “…once delivered…” over two-thousand years ago.
- The students will be prepared to take the words of The Scriptures, with a heart and a plan for helping to “…restore…” those deceived by false “…doctrines…;” without being maliciously critical.
Why The Need For OPPS?
(Insert video here)
Here is something to consider very carefully.
For years, Baptists teachers in Sunday School classes, local Church Christian Schools, Baptist colleges, and members of pulpit committees, have been tasked with a great doctrinal responsibility; before many of those well-intended, willing servants were taught and tested concerning their doctrinal beliefs.
In many cases, it has been automatically assumed, that all who call themselves a Baptist, believe the right “…doctrine…”
But let’s face it; even a saved person cannot believe in what they have not first been taught, or have learned.
It is impossible to verbally explain and teach “…doctrine…” to others which has not been received.
Such church members are not to blame.
They should not have been put in a position, to learn the parts of the “…doctrine…” of “…the faith….,” for the first time, as they studied to teach a lesson for the next Sunday!
Every person given the responsibility to teach anything out of the Book of God, in God’s House, or in a class room, ought first to understand the basic parts of “…the faith which was once delivered…”
I am speaking of “…sound doctrine…” formed by inspired and preserved “…words…,” and the individual parts of the “…doctrine…” defined by those words.
Words such as found in I Corinthians 14:26, should not be the norm, or status quo in our kind of Independent Baptist Churches, Christian Schools or Colleges.
“How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.”
How about applying the words in I Corinthians 14:33 to this present day?
“For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.”
Question: How long has it been, since those words could be quoted, in confidence, as a testimony of our kind of Baptist Churches being free from doctrinal “…confusion…”???
Answer: When Baptists stopped teaching the whole council of God to those doing the teaching; and when Baptists started using extra-Scriptural words, mixed in with the words for God’s “…doctrine…” of “…the faith…”!!!
The problem some of us have recognized, was not caused by reprobates or apostates.
It has been caused by Baptists who did not heed and obey the words in Romans 16:17-18.
Romans 16:17 “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.”
I Timothy 4:6 “If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.”
I Timothy 1:3 “As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine…”
Romans 6:17 “But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.”
The Old Paths Preparatory School will not be for everyone; but it is needed by everyone; especially Baptists serving or who will be serving The Lord in one of His kind of Churches!
Objectives of OPPS
(Insert video here)
- Offering Fundamental, Independent, and non-affiliated Baptists, an alternative means for learning “…the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.” (Jude 3)
- Providing Independent Baptist Pastors access to online doctrinal teaching tools; which they can use for training those who will be ordained into the ministry, by “…the words of faith and of good doctrine…” (I Timothy 4:6)
- Making it possible for God-called men and their families, not to have to move from their home Church while being Doctrinally Prepared by “…the words…” (Psalm 12:6-7) in The Word of God.
- Helping Pastors to have Scripturally, Doctrinally Baptist, biblically correct HD videos, E-books, downloadable PDF’s, and written materials available to them, for training Sunday School Teachers, and all others in the local Church; who will be delegated the responsibility of teaching The Lord’s precious little ones, teenagers, adults, and future servants.
- Giving a local Baptist Overseer, access to everything, verbal or written, which their “…members in particular…” I Corinthians 12:27) will be exposed to and required to learn in these online studies.
- Assuring Pastors, that “…doctrines…” (I Timothy 4:1) formed by Protestant, or other worldly-based, theological words or terms will not be taught.
- Promising Pastors, that only the inspired and preserved words, as found in The Authorized King James Version of God’s Book, will be used as the basis for all “…doctrine…” (John 7:16-17) and practical teaching in the classes for English speaking students.
- Certifying to Pastors, that only “…old paths…” (Jerimiah 6:16) Baptists will be used as “…ensamples…” (I Peter 5:3) for the students.
- Guaranteeing that all text-books used in these courses, are written by doctrinally sound, Independent Baptists, who believe that “…every word…” (Deuteronomy 8:3) in the English copy of God’s Word , is inspired and has been perfectly preserved in the English language.
- Cooperating with each individual Shepherd of a flock, to help eliminate the plight of the seeds of the “…feigned words…” (II Peter 2:3) of “…grievous wolves…” (Acts 20:29), from being sown into the vulnerable, pliable, and moldable minds and hearts of the students
Premise of OPPS
(Insert video here)
Baptist OPPS is designed around this principle: The “…doctrine…” of “…the faith which was once delivered unto…” us, needs not only to be taught and learned, but that all “…sound doctrine…” was given to be practiced by everyone who has been born again.
- Many saved folks seem to have the idea that “…doctrine…” is more for Pastors and Evangelists to think about, than it is for the average Baptist Church member.
- But the words in God’s Book teach us that “…doctrine…” touches every part of the life of the The words in Titus 1:1-10 show us that “…doctrine…” is not only to be learned and practiced by preachers, but it pertains to everyone.
“But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine: 2 That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience. 3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, 5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed. 6 Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded. 7 In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity, 8 Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you. 9 Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again; 10 Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.” Titus 1:1-10
Did you notice that the words “…sound doctrine…” relate to many more than just those serving in full-time church ministry?
If the everyday average church members listed in Titus 1:1-10, are to live in such a way so “…that the word of God be not blasphemed…” and “…that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things…;” then it makes perfect, scriptural sense, that they must “…know of the doctrine, whether it be of God…” (John 7:17)
Those here at The Old Paths Preparatory School are set to be obedient to that first premise; and to pass it on to all who enroll in our doctrinally based studies.
Mission of OPPS
(Insert video here)
Jude 1:3 “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.”
- The words “…the faith…” appear no less than 24 times in God’s Book. (Acts 14:22)
- Those two words are the Scriptural term for the name of all the “…doctrine…,” which The Lord has “…delivered…” to the people in His kind of Churches. (John 7:16, Jude 3)
- Once “…author and finisher of our faith…” completed His Book containing those written “…decrees…” we were commanded to keep them. (Hebrews 12:2, Acts 16:4)
- The God Who is “…not the author of confusion…” has never authorized any of His “…words…” or His “…doctrine…” to be added to, subtracted from, or changed in any way. (I Corinthians 14:33, Revelation 22:18-19, I Timothy 1:3)
- None of His parts of the “…doctrine…” of the “…one faith…” are insignificant or unnecessary. (Ephesians 4:5)
- God also told us 2,000 years ago that there would be those who will “…enter in among …” our kind of churches with “…feigned words…” and “…doctrines of devils…” (Acts 20:29, II Peter 2:1-3, I Timothy 4:1)
- And, back then, we were commanded, to “…mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.” (Romans 16:17)
All of the courses of Baptist OPPS will train future Pastors, Evangelists, Sunday School Teachers, and any other church member who wants to please The Lord Jesus now; and who hopes to fare well at The Judgement Seat of Christ, when the “…doctrine…” which they held and taught is tested.
Task of OPPS
(Insert video here)
The Task of OPPS is summed up in the words of I Timothy 1:3
I Timothy 1:3 “…that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine…”
- If these words are to be obeyed by Independent Baptists; then the “…doctrine…” that is taught, and learned, must be that which belongs exclusively to The Lord.
- The individual words which form the foundation of that “…doctrine…,” must then, come from only the inspired and preserved words in The Book of God.
- If “…doctrine…” is not taught from those words; pure “…doctrine…” will be impossible to learn, and impossible to be put into practice.
- We at Baptist P.P.S. are determined, to use nothing but the right words in teaching the right “…doctrine…”
- No other “…doctrine…” will be used for the courses which are designed to prepare servants for the ministry; and for the classes which will prepare other faithful church members, to serve The Lord in everyday living.
Hope of OPPS
(Insert video here)
II Timothy 2:2 “And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also.”
- The Main Doctrinal course of The Old Paths Preparatory School, “The Faith: God’s Answer to Biblical Theology,” will help any born again, baptized, Independent Baptist, to be able to say with the Apostle Paul, “…thou hast fully known my doctrine…” (II Timothy 3:10)
- Baptist OPPS wants to be used along with the Pastors of local churches, to help supply the necessary verbal and written tools, which will be needed to repair the damage which has been caused by the doctrinal deficiencies of the past; and, for keeping “…the faith…” The Faith for however long of a future we have left before the trumpet sounds.
Means of Operations of OPPS
(Insert video here)
- The Old Paths Preparatory School is a self-pace, on online ministry, for teaching the doctrinal and practical aspects of Scriptural subjects.
- The taking of each of the Baptist OPPS courses, can be tailored by the student, to fit their own individual family and work schedule.
- There is no set time limit for the completion of each test, class, or for the finishing of a particular subject.
- There will be one main text book required for each subject.
- The study guides, lesson plans, HD video classes, HD video test reviews, and each online test, have been purposely designed and presented, in order of the content of each chapter for each text book.
- Baptist OPPS personnel will be available for contact in case of the need for help or questions about a lesson.
- The students will take no more than two tests per chapter of the required text book.
- Subsequent online tests cannot be taken until the previous tests are passed first.
- Each test can be retaken as many times as needed to achieve a passing grade.
- Due to the organized system for the video presentation of the material, and the thorough review for each test, a passing grade of 100% is required and achievable for all courses.
- A first-class, frameable certificate will be awarded for each successfully completed subject.
- Upon finishing all Baptist OPPS required courses of study, equivalents of earned Doctrinal Degrees will be issued by Hilltop Baptist Church and the Old Paths Preparatory School, and will be awarded to the student at their Home Church.
Watchwords of OPPS
(Insert video here)
Acts 20:28-30 “Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.”
The courses in Baptist OPPS will prepare Pastors, Deacons and Evangelists to be “…ordained…” to the “…doctrine…” of “…the faith…”
Because Sunday School Teachers, and Christian School Teachers should also know the “…doctrine…” of “…the faith…” they too can and should take the courses.
And, every other church member can learn the “…doctrine…” of “…the faith…” so they can be sure; that what they are hearing from the pulpit is in agreement with the Word of God.
When those doing the preaching and the teaching know the “…doctrine…” of “…the faith…;” and the other members in a church know the “…doctrine…” of “…the faith…;” it will be much more difficult for a wolf in sheep’s clothing to “…enter in among…” the flock.
That includes from the pulpit, or from inside the pews!